Wednesday, October 19, 2011

NaNo & Son

NaNoWriMo is less than two weeks away! I am excited this year even more than usual. I typically rope one or more of my friends into the challenge and have a blast comparing notes with them and trying to arrange writing time together. This year, my thirteen-year-old son signed on! I am proud to bursting!

His profile on YWP is Grantfer, word goal set at 12,000. The working title of his first novel, a fantasy adventure, is The Shadow of Israphel. He is already such a chatterbox about the story concept! I love it! He is even trying to rope in some friends and planning to help turn the studio into a writing haven now and again through November! Have I said how proud I am yet?

We wrote our daily word count numbers - 400 for JD and 1667 for me - across our knuckles last night, to mark our commitment to the challenge. November can't come fast enough now!

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/participants/easalle

No comments:

Post a Comment