Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Tovrea Castle for Kids too!

For those out of Arizona or who just don't know about the wedding cake styled castle that sits just outside the cit of Phoenix, I would love to share Tovrea Castle at Carraro Heights.

I started as a volunteer working in the cactus gardens that surround the castle and moved into the castle recently as a docent. This does not mean I live there, just that I would love to! The castle is open for public tours beginning March 10th, so please, call up and reserve a space. If you ask for Jenn I will certainly try to be your guide.

Past gardening and learning enough about the grounds and castle to educated the public, I was recently asked to work on one of several writing projects. I am excited to announce my position as writer of children's books based on the castle and the owners! Stunning, right?

While I cannot go into deep detail for the moment, I can say I am seeking an artist(s) to work on the images for these books. If you have an interest in Arizona history and offering your talents to a non-profit organization, please contact me.

Arizona parties are most welcome of course, but out of state works too!

I hope to release more about this stunning piece of Arizona history in future posts on this blog or my Ancora imparo blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment