Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Comic Con, Payson, Mesa, Pirates, Dancers, Where Does It End?


Finally recovering from Phoenix Comic Con weekend; mostly because I never really stopped until today. No complaints, but a break is stunning. I fully admit to spending the day offering quality time with my laptop and watching Ancient Aliens on Netflix, while devouring Mountain Dew cupcakes. Yes. This is my life. 

On the flip side, I am thrilled to have a publisher that thinks so highly of me and my work that she never allows be to be bored. Thank you so much Arizona Publishing for keeping me hopping! From an interview at Phoenix Comic Con, to live PODcasts, a trip to Payson with a great group of authors and a pretty steady seat on Mesa’s Second Friday art walk; I had no idea it could be this good! Thank you!

June is shaping up to be just as busy as May, so please come find me. I love seeing friends and familiar faces when I am doing the book thing, and when I am dancing with bint Hazine.
On the note of dance, my gods do I have to get back into it. Writing and directing the Check, Mate! Show for Phoenix Comic Con was a thrill a minute but I purposely took myself off the stage as much as possible. A wise man once told me “it takes a rare beast to write, direct and star in a show”. I can fully admit that I cannot be that beast, at least not just yet.

I will be dancing again with bint Hazine for the Pirate Mud Wrestling event (July 28th at Revolver Records, Phoenix). Hells, I may even get muddy again! I am also eager to be a part of another very unique dance project, but that is a mystery for now.

I cannot write of all these events, performances and projects without offering huge thanks to everyone involved in them. So, I close this entry with a list of some of the key players that rarely receive enough praise.

Shaun “Blaze”
Eli “Steele”
JD “Sanji”
Jess “Sumomo”
Max
Adam Tuerff – Mischief Makers / Thunder Stump
Jenn “Buz” – Ok, Millie
Dellene – GD Frippery
Char
Patti – AZ Publishing / Connotations
Stacy “Maggie Pye”

And so many others who create a secondary family and a safety net for me to fall into when things get a little nutty. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment